Thursday, June 7, 2007

21st Century Gourmet Cooking

I had to take the claimant’s statement as part of an accident I was investigating. I got to his house earlier than the scheduled appointment, so I just sat outside and waited in my car parked in front of his house.

A few minutes later a man pulled into the driveway and got out with 4 kids. This was the claimant that I was waiting for. He came over to my car and asked if I was the insurance adjuster. I told him that I was and I know that I am early so I can wait out here until he is ready. He said I could come in now.

As all of us were walking in, he said he just had to take care of dinner. But don’t worry it will not take as long as his grandmother who used to chop up her own fresh seasoning and cook the dinner all day long. She would simmer the sauces for hours and bass the meats with gravy from her own recipe. It was usually finished off with a home baked cake or pie made from scratch. Sometimes the kids would take turns sitting on the ice cream freezer while turning the homemade ice cream.

His mother worked all day, so her dinners consisted of foods from a combination of cans, boxes and warming up frozen dinners. If she used any kind of seasoning, it came from a jar.

Now I will show you how I take care of dinner. He picked up the telephone and called for a pizza to be delivered.

Just for Fun – CLICK HERE to Visit
The Cyber Playground

http://crownusa.bravehost.com/
The Fun, The Interesting and The Latest Trends
 
Entertainment blogs

Top Blogs