Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dog's Space

I went to our insured driver’s house to take her statement about an accident. She was not rude or anything like that, but it seemed obvious that the only reason she was cooperating was because she was required to and she really just wanted to get the whole thing over. So as soon as I was finished taking her statement, I packed up my things as was starting to leave.

I couldn’t help notice the numerous pictures she had on the walls of a dog. Usually when I go to people’s houses that have dogs or cats, their pets are right at the door as soon as I get there or I can hear the dogs barking in the background. So I ask if that was her dog in the pictures.

Her whole attitude changed almost immediately. Her face lit up and she was very happy and excited to tell me everything about her pride and joy.

Then she asked if I wanted to see her room. Well, since I have never seen a fully furnished bedroom for a dog inside of any house I have to admit that I was very curious.

She introduced me to her dog Precious who was there inside of her own private room. She was lying on her doggie bed when we went in. The walls were freshly painted and decorated in bright colors. She had more framed pictures of her and her little dog on the walls. It had a tile floor installed on a diagonal. Precious had her own walk in closet with a mirror on the outside.

I got to see her full wardrobe where she had several outfits lines up and hanging on little hangers. Just a few things that I remember included a pink cashmere sweater, a red velvet coat and a long white fuzzy thing hanging down that I don’t even know what it was.

Precious also had her own chest of drawers, a jewelry box and a great big huge toy chest filled with all kinds of doggie toys. On the side of the room was her very own lounge chair. She said she cooks for Precious everyday because she does not like canned or packaged dog food. She prefers home cooked meals. There was also a bookcase with tons photo albums including pictures from the day she got her little dog to the present.

As I watched her interact, talk to and play with the dog not only did I notice a big change in her attitude, but also there was a change in her personality. I thought that this was a totally different person than the person I had just taken an accident claim statement from a few minutes earlier.

Just for Fun – CLICK HERE to Visit
The Cyber Playground

http://crownusa.bravehost.com
The Fun, The Interesting and The Latest Trends
 
Entertainment blogs

Top Blogs